Galmudug releases statement on soldiers killed in Dhusamareb – Goobjoog News English
GOOBJOOG NEWS/DHUSAMAREB: Galmudug military officials have issued a statement on yesterday’s killing of two Somali National Army soldiers and wounding of 7 others in broad daylight in Dhusamareb town.
Dhusamareb Police Commander Mohamed Mire, who held a press conference last night, said the Ahlu Sunna Waljamaa group which bears the hallmarks of Al-Shabaab, were responsible for the attack on the SNA soldiers.
“The people of Galmudug must be aware of the dangers of this group claiming to be Ahlu-Sunna Waljama’a. Parents, we say exclude your children,” said Mire.
Mire added that the Gorgor soldiers who had been deployed to Galmudug to quell cases of insecurity in the regional State were attacked by Ahlu Sunna members who had sneaked into the town and fled the scene towards Bohol, an Ahlu-Sunna stronghold.
Finally, the Dhusamareb Commander issued a warning to anyone holding unauthorized weapons, saying that an operation to weed out illegal weapons would be launched in Dhusamareb from Friday, and anyone found to be in possession of the said weapons, will have a case to answer.
Credit: Source link